Many people have lower credit scores than they should, due to errors and mistakes on their credit reports. In fact, about 70-80% of credit reports contain errors of some kind, and many of these mistakes are serious enough to damage credit scores. Some mistakes even result in the denial of credit or a higher rate of mortgage or car loan interest.
What will be covered in the 1 hour seminar:
- The most common credit report mistakes and how they can be corrected.
- How the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) helps consumers and puts the burden on creditors and credit reporting agencies to fix errors.
- What to do if you’re a victim of identity theft and how to block disputed information from appearing on your credit report.
- How the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) allows consumers financial compensation from debt collectors and automatic ‘robo’ callers.
- Review the top debt collection harassment techniques and see how the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) forces debt collectors who break the law to pay damages.
Attorney Tod Lewis is dedicated to credit repair and will help you fix your flawed credit reports which will likely help improve your credit scores. The best part is Tod Lewis never charges consumers for his services! All fees are covered by creditors, credit reporting agencies and debt collectors who have broken the laws leading to the errors.
PLEASE NOTE: This seminar is not intended to help consumers repair credit who have negative but accurate information on their credit reports. Rather it is for consumers who have inaccurate information on their credit reports due to reporting errors from creditors and credit reporting agencies or are victims of identity theft.